Through EYSA, teams play other teams from Edwardsburg and the nearby surrounding communities. To encourage a fun and developmental atmosphere, each child plays at least half of each game, no matter the skill level. Scores and league standings are not recorded.
Fall Season 2019.
• 7 week games starting the week of September 7 and ending on October 19
• Teams practice 1 (5-U) or 2 times a week. Practices are held at the Edwardsburg Sports Complex
• All games are held on Saturdays in Edwardsburg Sport Complex.
• Teams will play games against other teams of the same group.
• Each player must wear shoes, shin guards, socks that completely cover the shin guards for practices and games.
• The players are responsible for providing their own shin guards, soccer shoes and shorts black socks.
• Players are asked to bring their own soccer balls to practices. (Ball Sizes: 5-U & 7-U players - Size 3 and 9-U - 11-U & 13-U players - Size 4)
• Glasses must be secured by a strap and NO jewelry can be worn.
• There is no sliding allowed– players must remain on their feet at all times.
• For the fall, we will provide polyester jerseys, awards for EVERY player, an end of season tourney for 9-U, 11-U & 13-U and will have a photographer back for individual and team pictures.
• Tourneys and championship games for U-7, -U9, 11-U & 13-U.
Set the example for sportsmanship on the field. Hostility toward or by ANYONE involved with the league will not be tolerated. This includes players, coaches, referees, parents, and league officials. We are all here for the kids. Please set the tone for a positive experience for all. A winning season is defined by how much the kids smile, not by a win-loss record. HAVE FUN!!
****** PLEASE SUPPORT NEW FIELD DEVELOPMENT ******
EYSA is working with the Edwardsburg Sports Complex to develop new soccer fields, for the benefit of EYSA, as well as baseball diamonds and football fields for our other youth sports organizations in Edwardsburg. We need your help! If you wish to make a contribution you may add any additional amount onto the registration fee, and note the donation on the bottom of the player registration.
Our "Mini Teams" Policy will be as follows:
Please list the name of the player you wish to be on the same team as your child. You may list ONE player.
- Each player may request to be on the same team as ONE other player.
- Both players MUST request the other on their registration for it to be honored.
- Practice night requests must not disagree, or the mini team request will be nulled.
- Siblings are the only exception; we will accept all requests to have siblings placed on the same team(s).
- If the mini team request is not made appropriately on the registration, EYSA will not be held liable for children being placed on different teams.